T32 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Integrated Program in Cancer and Data Science (ICADS) – Data Science
- Tampa, FL
- Moffitt at Magnolia Campus (MCC)
- Biostat/Bioinform Staff
- Full Time - Day Shift - Mon-Fri
- Req #: 32020
At Moffitt Cancer Center, we come face-to-face with cancer every day, but we also see courage. And it inspires us to be the safest and best place for cancer care – to bring greater hope to every patient we serve. It’s why we’ve been continually named One of the Top Places to Work in the Tampa Bay Area. As the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center based in Florida, Moffitt employs some of the best and brightest minds from around the world. Moffitt is the leading cancer hospital in both Florida and the Southeast and has been nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report since 1999. Because working at Moffitt is both a career and a mission: to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Join a dedicated, diverse and inclusive team of over 7,000 to be a part of the Courageous future we envision.
The Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center is seeking a highly motivated, independent, and collaborative postdoctoral research fellow interested in conducting exciting inter-disciplinary research. The Department currently has 17 faculty, 2 postdoctoral research fellows and approximately 25 staff engaged in a wide range of statistical and bioinformatics research and collaborations, including but not limited to, novel therapeutic and drug discoveries, prognostic and predictive biomarker developments, high throughput genomics, proteomics, next-generation sequencing data-based investigations, epidemiological studies, clinical trial designs, and personalized medicine studies. The post-doctoral research fellow will collaborate with faculty members within the department on statistical genomics and bioinformatics methodology projects, along with, collaboration on collaborative cancer research projects. Supervision and mentorship of the post-doctoral research fellow will be under the direction of Dr. Brooke Fridley, Department Chair.
For more information, visit our website -
The Ideal Candidate:
· Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work independently and with collaborators.
· Strong quantitative skills in the areas of biostatistics, statistical genomics and/or bioinformatics.
· Programming experience in statistical program R and scripting languages such as Perl/Python on Unix/Linux systems.
· Knowledge in biology or genetics is desired but not required.
· Learn research methods that directly relate to the scientific projects with limited direction and supervision.
· Collaborate on a variety of cancer and statistical/bioinformatics research projects
· Develop scientific writing and presentation skills, including grant proposals, manuscript preparation, and formal seminars presented to the Moffitt scientific community and at national scientific meetings.
· Work effectively within an interdisciplinary research team.
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, bioinformatics or related field and relevant research training and experience.
A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate. Review of applications will begin immediately. Applicants are to be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Legal Permanent Residents for this opportunity.
Interested applicants should attach to the application a single PDF file that includes a current CV with recent publications, a personal statement of scientific interests and goals (2-page maximum), and contact information for three references to Dr. Brooke Fridley (email@example.com).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Moffitt endeavors to make moffitt.org/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact one of the Human Resources receptionists by phone at 813-745-7899 or by email at HRReceptionists@moffitt.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.